May 31, 2017
With a 25 year career practicing law in South Carolina, Pat’s practice includes complex construction/design defect litigation, major commercial insurance liability litigation, Federal, State and local government contract formation and procurement, dispute resolution, and complex tort and commercial litigation.
Prior to joining Pope Flynn, Pat was a partner and owner of Robertson Hollingsworth & Flynn law firm in Charleston. Pat served active duty as a Captain, U.S. Navy Reserve, Surface Warfare Officer from 1989 to 1989, then as a reserve officer from 1989 to 2015. He received numerous assignments in South and North Carolina, as well as Washington, DC.
His publications include Funds for the S&L Bailout: FDIC Recovery on D&O Liability Policies of Failed Depository Institutions, Federation of Insurance & Corporate Counsel Quarterly, Vol. 42, p. 159 (1992) and Case Law Survey Article, South Carolina Law Review, 1991.
- Counsel for the Prime Contractor Austin-HITT Joint Venture in the $175 million Terminal Rehabilitation and Improvement Project, Charleston Airport.
- General Counsel, Syngineering Aviation, multiple corporate acquisition transactions.
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Frequent Speaker at State & Local Design and Construction Trade Group Events and Seminars
- National Accounting Honor Society (USC)
- Associate Articles Editor, South Carolina Law Review, 1990-92
CIVIC ACTIVITIES AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Member, Supervisory Committee of South Carolina Federal Credit Union
- Past Member & Chair, Charleston County Library Board of Trustees
- South Carolina Bar
- Charleston County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Subcontractors Association, Charleston Chapter