June 25, 2018
A native of Atlanta, Georgia, Michael studied financial management, real estate, and accounting at Clemson University. He then worked in commercial real estate before entering law school at the Charleston School of Law. His work at Pope Flynn focuses on construction and property related issues.
He advises construction professionals, municipalities and special purpose districts, businesses and associations, individuals, and property owners regarding their respective involvement and interest in construction projects, procurement, and property disputes. He handles insurance defense of construction defendants, advises parties in collections/mechanics lien matters, and provides counsel on other matters of general interest to property owners, home owners’ and community association representatives, and other parties connected to the construction industry.
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- CALI Award for Excellence – Legal Research, Analysis, and Writing II
- National Pretrial Advocacy Competition – 2014 “Best Defendant’s Memorandum of Law”
- Federal Courts Law Review
- CSOL Moot Court Board
- CSOL Real Estate Law Society (Past President)
CIVIC ACTIVITIES AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Member, Charleston County Community Development Advisory Committee, 2018 to present
- Member, The Palmetto Society
- Volunteer service travel in Botswana, Peru, Mexico, and Poland
- Charleston County Bar Basketball and Softball Leagues