March 20, 2018
Mr. Davis is a native of New York City and graduated from the University of Michigan in 1995 and the University of Virginia School of Law in 1998. He was admitted to practice in North Carolina in 1998 and in South Carolina in 2006 and concentrates in public finance. Mr. Davis serves on the firm’s management committee.
Mr. Davis advises public entities, lenders and underwriters in a broad array of public finance transactions. He regularly serves as bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel and lender’s counsel, with an emphasis on public schools, higher education, student housing, local governmental and land-based transactions. Mr. Davis has extensive experience with the highly complicated transaction structures inherent in project finance and installment-purchase transactions.
Recent engagements include serving as bond counsel in school district financings in South Carolina; serving as underwriter’s counsel and program lender’s counsel in general governmental transactions in North Carolina and South Carolina; and serving as underwriter’s counsel in project finance and land-based development transactions throughout the United States. Prior to joining Pope Flynn, Mr. Davis worked at McGuireWoods LLP from 1998 to 2012.
- Lender’s Counsel, $9,073,400 North Carolina County Installment Financing Agreement, 2018
- Placement Agent Counsel, $2,638,000 Taxable Property Assessed Clean Energy Program Special Assessment Bonds (on behalf of a private borrower in Missouri), Commercial Series 2018A
- Bond Counsel, $97,600,000 South Carolina School District General Obligation Bonds, Series 2017
- Underwriter’s Counsel, $70,820,000 North Carolina County Limited Obligation Bonds, Series 2017
- Underwriter’s Counsel, $262,855,000 South Carolina School District Installment Purchase Refunding Revenue Bonds, Series 2015
- Underwriter’s Counsel, $42,940,000 Public Finance Authority Taxable Parking Revenue Bonds (Parking Project in Nashville, TN), Series 2014
- Underwriter’s Counsel, $45,000,000 California Statewide Communities Development Authority Student Housing Revenue Bonds, Series 2013
Awards and Achievements
- The Best Lawyers in America, Public Finance Law, 2016-2019
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- North Carolina State Bar
- South Carolina Bar